Simple Photography Tips For Bloggers
23rd February 2015|PhotographyUncategorised

Simple Photography Tips For Bloggers

Photography tips i hear you say yes thats right I’m going to give you some tips that will hopefully help you improve those blog images or just your general photography either way I’m here to help.

1. Make sure you have decent light using natural lighting outside at around 12-3pm is the best but you can also use studio soft boxes but those are expensive so if you have a budget you could use desk lamps they give nice effects.

2. Get that image straight there is nothing worse than a wonky image if you can turn on your camera frame lines do so its useful and also using a tripod is a must.

3. Get out of auto and use the Manual mode sounds daunting i know but you have more control over the Aperture Shutter Speed And ISO, You can get light meter mobile apps that allows you to measure the light so it gives you a perfect image and just decrease or increase the aperture or shutter / iso speed accordingly for the look you need

4. Composition when photographing try and keep the background clutter free use a natural white backdrop or a brick building can be good backdrop for images keep unrelated and unnecessary things outta the photo.

5. Be yourself find your own style don’t copy others what works for them might not work for you.

6. When editing keep it simple just do light edits and experiment with black and white and color adjust the white balance & levels accordingly Photoshop,Aperture Or even iPhoto on the mac are great for editing on windows you can use Photoshop or Gimp (Which is FREE) or lightroom.

7. Just practice there aren’t any set rules so to speak so just mess around with a few setting and see what works for you .

These are just a few tips as a starting point let me know if you’d like some more in depth and get more explanatory into shutter speed aperture & iso and the different lenses you should use for different scenarios.

10 comments

10 comments

• 23rd February 2015 at 10:03 pm

This is a great post!! Perfect for a buddy photographer like me!!

• 24th February 2015 at 8:10 am

This is a great post! For me, the biggest issue is light! When the sun’s out pictures are decent, but when it’s cloudy it’s hopeless.

• 24th February 2015 at 2:20 pm

I love the tip about being authentic and not copying others – I agree, it’s much better to have your own style. This is a great post, and really useful. I’m at that real amateur level and while I love getting outside and just playing around, I’m no expert so posts like this are so useful! – Tasha

• 25th February 2015 at 7:05 am

Defo agree with number 3 :) Stepping away from auto and using manual is so much better – once you get the hang of it 😀

• 25th February 2015 at 12:40 pm

Great tips post! I couldn’t agree with them more :)

Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

• 13th March 2015 at 6:58 pm

#3!!!!! I always see people posting dark, blurry images :(

• 14th March 2015 at 9:54 pm

I might have to get a light meter app, I am having issues with yellow photos lately!

Anoushka xx http://www.Anoushkaloves.com

• 10th April 2015 at 10:01 pm

These are such great tips! I’ve always taken photos in auto mode, I keep hearing about taking them in manual mode. I have given it a go a few times but I’m still more comfortable in auto! I guess I just need more practice! I don’t actually edit at the moment, I was thinking of getting gimp :)

Neeny x

• 20th April 2015 at 2:35 pm

Great tips! What about equipment? I’m considering taking the SLR plunge. Any guidance on choices gratefully received…

• 18th June 2015 at 8:40 pm

These tips are great! I will definitely be putting them into practice! I think my

Courtney | http://courtzmelv.com